We want to help you avoid expensive, inconvenient repairs. Learn how to keep your vehicle running longer and more efficiently with automotive
advice from Jeff’s Tips.
Six Ways You are Killing Your Car:
- Ignoring the check engine light - Ignoring an illuminated check engine light can result in serious engine trouble and costly repairs. At the very least, this warning light could alert you to an engine problem that is harming your fuel economy.
- Failing to change fluids and filters – Many fluids are required for the operation and protection your vehicle. Check fluid levels and filters to keep your vehicle running dependably.
- Neglecting your tires - Your vehicle’s tires should be checked frequently for inflation and tread depth. Underinflated tires can wear out and need to be replaced sooner. A low tire is unsafe and harms your vehicle’s gas mileage and performance.
- Not scheduling regular maintenance - Many car parts and components wear out or become damaged over time, and vehicles need to be routinely serviced to perform optimally. Routine inspections and timely repairs will help keep your car running efficiently so you can avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
- Keeping a dirty car - Damaging chemicals from road salt and dirt will build up on your car if you don’t wash it regularly. This increases the potential for rust and interferes with proper visibility needed for safe driving.
- Frequent driving in adverse conditions - Whether it's stop and go traffic, extreme weather, rough roads, or heavy loads, it can be difficult to limit adverse driving conditions. However, you can drive smart and improve fuel economy by observing the speed limit. Avoid aggressive driving or quick starts and stops. Don’t haul unnecessary items, and keep your vehicle tuned.
Want to learn more about your vehicle? Call Jeff’s Auto Service and request an appointment!